Pages

About Me

My Photo
Rockwall, Texas
Habitual fabric collector.

April 30, 2014

Batik Quilt

I made this quilt a few years ago and it's been patiently waiting to be quilted.  It is going to be for a dear friend who retired a few years after I did.  She is of Irish descent hence the Celtic designs.  There is still a lot to do on it but here is a preview.


I used a double batting, Hobbs 80/20 and wool.  First SID around all the rows.

 In the outside borders I put the friendship knots. All of the knots are done with the aid of the computer, everything else is free hand.





 After I finished the row I did an outline around the designs.  The side closest to the quilt has straight line stitching.

 Then I went back and did a free motion leave pattern.
The large green sections will have a matching leaf design.




 I put a circle inside the knot but ended up taking it out.  It was really had to get that thing centered.

















 There are 3 circles between each of the square Celtic knots.  I haven't decided what to do there yet.  I did order a special curved cross hatching ruler from the Quilter's Apothecary.  Might try it out and see what works.

In the meantime, I need to finish 1 more of the green rows and 2 purple.  Then this will have to come off so I can work on customer quilts.









Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is gorgeous and your quilting is equally beautiful!
    What a special treasure this gift quilt will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Love your quilting designs. I hope I can see it in person.
    Karen W.

    ReplyDelete