About Me

My Photo
Rockwall, Texas
Habitual fabric collector.

May 26, 2014

Longarming for June

It's been awhile since I posted any quilting pictures.  This is June's quilt.  It was made with bright batiks and she wanted the Double Trouble Bubble panto.  I used a variegated thread on top and a solid purple on the back.

 When I got to the bottom the quilt squared up perfectly, no easing in or adjusting at all.  Wow!
 The back, so cute!
 All packaged and ready to deliver.  

May 8, 2014

Hallowe'en 1904

I've been working on this project for years and years, sometimes I think I started it in 1904!  After a rough start with the stars, I took some good advice from Suzy and made the stars wider at the points.  This has given me the extra stick-to-it-ness that I needed.  Here are a few of the blocks, they are appliqued with the Sharon's Secret Foundation paper.  None of this pictures show the applique stitched down but I'm using Wonderfil and Monopoly.

Each one of the blocks uses 24 half square triangles.  I'm using the Thangles and am very happy.

Of course I used my trusty and handy dandy Bloc Loc ruler.  Love them all!

I saw on another blog the quilter added an owl, decided I really liked that idea.  At first there was just the owl and branch, the moon really helps complete the block.

Here is a close up of the eyes, I just fussy cut around the flowers now they really stand out.

I then decided to add the cat.  The fabric I used I've had for a number of years and was saving for just the right project.  This was it.  The vine isn't added yet.

Laid them across the long arm to get an idea of what was already made so I could progress.  Really hoping to have this finished by this Halloween.

April 30, 2014

Batik Quilt

I made this quilt a few years ago and it's been patiently waiting to be quilted.  It is going to be for a dear friend who retired a few years after I did.  She is of Irish descent hence the Celtic designs.  There is still a lot to do on it but here is a preview.

I used a double batting, Hobbs 80/20 and wool.  First SID around all the rows.

 In the outside borders I put the friendship knots. All of the knots are done with the aid of the computer, everything else is free hand.

 After I finished the row I did an outline around the designs.  The side closest to the quilt has straight line stitching.

 Then I went back and did a free motion leave pattern.
The large green sections will have a matching leaf design.

 I put a circle inside the knot but ended up taking it out.  It was really had to get that thing centered.

 There are 3 circles between each of the square Celtic knots.  I haven't decided what to do there yet.  I did order a special curved cross hatching ruler from the Quilter's Apothecary.  Might try it out and see what works.

In the meantime, I need to finish 1 more of the green rows and 2 purple.  Then this will have to come off so I can work on customer quilts.

Happy Quilting!

April 14, 2014

Phebe Quilt - Di Ford

First let me say this is one gorgeous quilt and I wish it was mine but it isn't.  This quilt was made by Suzanne Cook and quilted by Deb Wendt.  The pattern is by Di Ford.  I have my center started and this quilt makes me want to dive right in and finish it.  Goal is sometime in 2015 to 2016.  Let's be realistic here and little bit.

April 7, 2014

Items for Sale

I am adding a page here for things I have to sell.  All items are new.  There is also an Etsy store called, of course, Pondering Quilting.  Shipping is through USPS.

Today I am listing a Block of the Month from Primitive Gatherings.  The kit includes the pattern and the wool only.  The background fabric or other fabric for the quilt is not included.  (However, there is a bundle of the newest line available on the Items for Sale Page of my blog).

Words to Live By includes 12 wool kits plus the wool finishing kit (the center block and 4 corners).  The kit also includes the pattern.  All of the wool is from Primitive Gatherings.
Cost is $250

April 4, 2014

Collections for a Cause - Love

I am listing this fabric in my etsy shop.  There are currently 9 yards available.  If you are interested you can either e-mail me or contact me through etsy.

Etsy Listing

April 2, 2014

Dresden Turkey Tablerunner

This is one of Joan's quilts.  It is made from a pattern by Jan Patek.  I was going to do pumpkins in the border but decided to do feathers instead.  All the applique was outlined.  Small meander in the background.